Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Do you have S.M.E.s?

"Do I have Subject Matter Experts for my credit union that can help us grow in the financial market?"


"I have an awesome team that has strong expertise throughout the credit union that is driven by teamwork in managing our members’ needs and executing our brand. It feels so good to have this strong team to support me! Since I don’t have to be in the trenches all the time, the board and I can focus on strategic new membership growth. Additionally I can continue to develop Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and feel confident that I have succession plans in place." 

Is this your reality or is it a dream you long for?


If you are not living the dream, hopefully you are positioned to see that dream become a reality in the very near future.  No doubt there are key areas within the credit union that should have defined SMEs. 

Your SMEs Must:
  • Be challenged to own their responsibilities by rolling up their sleeves, 
  • Understand the credit union’s philosophy and business requirements to do their job with key communication, 
  • Have strong competency and the ability to help their peers and credit union to grow.   


You should also consider having SMEs diversified in that you have it internally within your organization as well as externally - such as your data processor. The goal and burden is then shared, obstacles are generally overcome quicker and there is most likely a positive impact on strategic initiatives. 

A strong SME team (both internal and external) should be one that is collaborating together, that can show proven work, has strong knowledge for best industry practices and that is helping your credit union grow.   

"Wow! I do have an awesome team!"

EPL Staff

EPL, Inc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment